Over 2 months ago now, I moved out my family home that I shared with my Mum, Dad and dog, Spencer and moved into a flat with my boyfriend, Colin. It’s always scary when you first move out, you have your own freedom, and a lot of bills to pay! So, I had to say ‘goodbye’ to spending all my money on clothes, make up and concert tickets and say ‘hello’ to bills and rent, oh how fun! I must admit, I always find some money to spend on clothes and make up, I mean who doesn’t!?
So, I’ve jotted down pros and cons of living out of your family home. Enjoy!
- You have as much freedom as you please, and can do whatever you want!
- You can have a messy room and not get moaned at by parents
- Watch whatever tv shows or movies you want, without having to switch it over half way through
- Decorate your place the way you want to
- You get to know yourself as an individual
- You now spend all your money on homeware, and don’t feel bad about it
- You grow a lot closer to your parents (trust me on that one)
- The bills you have to pay, and trust me, you’ll be shocked at how much things costs
- Paying rent, it’s a gorgeous place, but do I REALLY have to pay?
- Nobody will do your washing/dishes/cleaning for you, it’s aaall you!
- Putting the bins out, especially a struggle if you live in a flat with a lot of stairs!
- If you live with a partner and they want there art on the wall, when it doesn’t fit with your theme (I have a white/copper theme going on, with spiderman on my wall, thanks Colin)
- You realise just how much food you need to buy each month, and it can surprisingly add up
- You need to cut down on take aways and eating out, which makes me sad!
Those are my seven pros and cons of moving out. Do you live away from your family? What do you love and hate about it? Let me know in the comments below!