It’s not long now until Christmas, 2 paydays to be exact.. I know how crazy! This is the first year I have my own place, and have to juggle paying bills, rent and buying presents. So, I have sat down and wrote down all my tips that I’m going to give out you guys, and also for myself! Hope these help!
- Give yourself a budget. This year myself and boyfriend have a £60 budget for each other, that may seem a lot, but we used to spend way over £100 on each other, but we live together now so we have both agreed we don’t need to spend crazy amounts of money. Also, we have a £20 budget for the rest of our families too!
- Bake. It’s a simple present, but also a meaningful one. It shows you spent time baking for your loved ones, and it’s a great gift. I’m doing this for every family member this year, and bought some gorgeous bags to put my cakes and truffles I’ve made into. I am so excited to show you guys my baking ideas! Lakeland have gorgeous Christmas baking things right now!
- Make your presents. Sometimes it’s cheaper to go out and buy things to make for your loved ones. You could make dream catchers, hampers of their favourite things, cards etc.
- Put money away each month. You could put £10 away a month, and the months you have that little more money add in maybe £20 that means you have savings for Christmas time. It may be a little late now, but even for next year, you can be a lot more prepared.
- What I do, which some may think is weird. I keep any old bags I get presents in. So any bottle bags, glittery ones, any that are acceptable to put presents in. So, you are saving a few pounds on buying something to put your presents in. It may only be £1 or £2 but that’s more money to put towards other presents, or yourself.
- Charity shops are also a wonderful place. They sell some beautiful and unique presents. I love wandering around at this time of year and having a wee nosey. You can save a lot, and even find things a lot nicer than what you get in the highstreet. You could also, buy something from their and add your own personal touch to it. An added bonus? You are giving money to charity!
- Ebay/Depop can be your best friend! Need to declutter before Christmas? Sell stuff, you can sell pretty much everything on there, and get money for it!
- Gift Cards can also be a great present to buy, especially if you don’t know what to buy someone. That way, they can buy whatever they want!
Here are just a few tips this year. I hope they’ve helped, and loved doing this blogpost, as it’s really helped me to!